|I'm still amazed I managed to snap this!|
How can it be April already? This is nuts! I haven't blogged any monthly goals since my New Year's Resolutions so let's have a quick look back at those and see if I'm actually accomplishing anything this year!
Checking In With My New Year's Resolutions!!
1. Look after myself better ~ YES AND NO. I'm getting more sleep and drinking way more water, but I'm still on the Pepsi Max and only eating healthy sometimes.
2. Learn to cook healthy recipes ~ NOPE. I haven't done this at all. :/
3. Spend more time blogging ~ YES! I'm definitely winning here. I'm putting way more time into blogging, hosting more giveaways and just doing a lot more bloggy stuff in general.
4. Step out of my comfort zone! ~ HELL YES! I went to my first ever blogging event ffs (it was the Bloggers United Adelaide Event and it was fantastic, so I'm very happy I pushed myself to go). And I went to a Beauty Bloggers meet-up by myself, not knowing anyone there. This is huge for me.
5. Watch more TV shows/Netflix ~ NO. I haven't really had much free time due to excess blogging lol.
6. Be more organised ~ YES. I wrote down when all my gift cards expire. I'm a third of the way through cleaning out my makeup organiser and I finally catalogued every goodie bag product from the Bloggers United Event. I'm using two Diaries (one personal and one for blogging) and I have yet to take my son to school on a Pupil Free Day like I did last year! #winning *Edit - Today I took my son to school in uniform and it was Casual Day. I thought it was tomorrow. I went home, collected casual clothes and returned to school, but still. Maybe #notsowinning*
So far I'm scoring 3.5/6 and I've still got time to accomplish the rest!
Write A Media Kit
I've been meaning to do this for the longest time, but never get around to it! There's always something new to do blog-wise, whether it be photograph products, write posts, answer emails, advertise posts, post on Instagram, catalogue products, plan monthly posts, keep track of brands I'm working with, the list goes on! Enough is enough. I'm giving myself a whole month to get this the crap done, once and for all.
Clean Out MakeUp Organiser
Another job I never seem to get around to, except unbelievably, I actually started this the other day! I've emptied out a few compartments, cleaned them out and only put back in products I'm currently using. I already feel SO much more organised, now just to keep the momentum up and finish the whole thing!
Join Affiliate Programs
I tried this once before and didn't gain anything from it, but want to give it another go. I need to work out which ones will best suit my blog and go about setting it up. I should stop seeing this as a mile-high hurdle, and just work it out and get it done. Because I really love the look of those affiliate ads on the sides of other beauty blogs!
Get Quotes for Bathroom Renovation
This bathroom situation has been the most drawn-out, arduous process ever, and now that the ball's finally in our court (instead of our Insurance company's), I haven't gotten around to organising quotes. Ideally, I want it over and done with in one day, because I'm sure three different bathroom companies will love being here simultaneously lol. I need to stop putting everything in the 'too hard' basket, and actually Get Shit Done.
Don't miss a post!
Like Max The Unicorn on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram @shinyglitterbug
Follow on BlogLovin'
Follow me on Twitter @ShinyGlitterBug
Subscribe via email (right sidebar)
Do you have any goals for the month?