Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy Nail Enamel in Galactic
There's been a lot of interest in the new Nail Art Moon Candy polishes from Revlon, so when Saumya from The Vanity Bag Diaries requested a Galactic manicure, I was more than happy to oblige. Normally I just post my manicures with lots of close-up photos, but I've decided to review this polish, or at least outline my feelings on it. And they are mixed!
- it has glitter. WIN! A mixture of small and large chunks of multi-coloured glitter. Very pretty.
- it reminds me of space. It's like stars twinkling in the dark night sky. Hence the name GALACTIC.
- it's sophisticated, yet fun. Feminine, yet edgy.
- it's convenient because it's two polishes in the one joined bottle.
- like any dark coloured polish, mistakes easily show up so you have to be really careful with your edges.
- the formula of the dark blue polish isn't brilliant. I could see tiny little bumps in it, so I didn't get a completely smooth finish.
- when applying the glitter coat it looked pretty, but once it dried on the nail the colour went sort of darker, and not as aesthetically pleasing.
- the glitter particles don't sit flat on the nail. I've got chunks sticking up and thus a rough nail surface.
- you can't lay the brush back in the bottle between painting nails, because it will topple over and spill! The brush is attached to the polish you're not using thus making it heavier than the opened bottle. So if you need to put the brush down to clean up a nail, you actually have to screw the whole contraption back together so it doesn't tip over under its own weight. Not ideal when you're trying to speed-fix an accident before it dries!
Check out the photos and see what you think!
Below: the first two photos feature two coats of dark polish only.
All photos below: two coats of dark polish + one coat of glitter top coat.
Disclaimer: This product was won by me. Opinions are always my own.