|My sample stash!|
Hello! You may remember my self-appointed challenge for the month of May, to use up as many of my beauty samples as I possibly could. You can read about it in this May: Month Of Samples post. Well, I took on the challenge, and I'm here to report the results!
This was a fun venture and I did manage to find some great products within the huge box of samples. There was no way I was ever going to get through all of them, but I made a nice dent in my collection. I'm going to continue working my way through the samples, just not as intensely as I did during this challenge. I'll list all the beauty samples I finished and give my thoughts on the ones that were noteworthy!
|All the samples I got through in May!|
- Tigi Bedhead Recharge Shampoo
- Bobbi Brown EXTRA Eye Repair Cream ~ I liked it and will keep the little container for de-potting sample sachets into.
- Chanel Le Volume Ultra-Noir Mascara ~ this made for clumpy lashes, but I'm not sure if it was due to the brush within the mini-sized sample, or the formula.
- Clinique Foaming Sonic Facial Soap
- Banila Co Mineral Salt Clay Pack
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair ~ I've tried this before and really enjoy it.
- L'Oreal Revitalift Laser X3 ~ I'm not a fan. It seems like a primer and didn't sit right on my skin.
- John Frieda Full Body Shampoo
- La Roche-Posay Lipid-Replenishing Body Balm ~ didn't love it.
- Kora Organics Hydrating Day And Night Cream ~ smells earthy, is OK.
- VDL Naked Cleansing Oil Cream ~ felt nice rubbing it around my face, but was a hassle removing it. Also, it didn't entirely remove my makeup.
- Clinique Sculptwear Lift And Contour Serum For Face And Neck ~ I went through 7 sachets of this (received a week's supply). This has a lightweight, almost gel-like consistency. I love how it feels and the results. Would consider buying.
- Dermalogica Dermal Clay Cleanser ~ strong smell and not my cup of tea.
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance ~ really good. Eyeshadow colour was intensified and didn't budge all day. I would consider buying.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment ~ this is green and smells quite strongly! It says you may experience tingling, but my skin actually hurt. However, my skin was so smooth afterwards and wasn't red or irritated.
- ASAP Anti-Ageing Night Cream ~ this is more like a gel and smells lovely, but didn't absorb properly and just 'sat' on my skin. I ended up using it as a hand cream to get rid of it.
- Indeed Labs Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Serum
- L'Oreal Revitalift Day Cream ~ did the job.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream ~ I like it. I've liked every Bobbi Brown cream I've tried.
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam
- Dermalogica Clear Start Emergency Spot Fix ~ not a bad treatment, didn't blow my socks off.
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster ~ absolutely love it as I do all La Prairie products. If only it wasn't so expensive!
- Sephora Lagoon Creamy Body Wash ~ kind of fun but difficult to get out of the little round thing!
- Sunday Riley Start Over ~ really good, liked the results.
- Ren Keep Young And Beautiful Firming And Smoothing Serum ~ weird earthy smell, lovely and gentle but hard to tell if effective due to the amount given.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence ~ OMG, I love this! It really improved the look of my skin. I'm definitely considering buying this.
- Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Eye ~ I liked this and was happy with its performance.
- Chanel La Solution IO Sensitive Skin Cream ~ this was OK, nothing to write home about. It was gentle and non-irritating.
- Kate Somerville Cytocell Dark Circle Corrective Eye Cream ~ my dark circles were reduced but it didn't have enough moisturising properties for my liking.
- Malin + Goetz Facial Cleansing Oil ~ these oils aren't for me. It did remove my makeup but I'm just not into this method.
- Estee Lauder Flawless Start Instant Perfecting Primer ~ I really like it. It improves the staying power of makeup and provides a great base for foundation.
- Perricone MD Advanced Eye Area Therapy ~ I love love love this. I got amazing results and will probably buy it.
So there were five products that were outright winners for me, that I'd consider buying:
Perricone MD Advanced Eye Area Therapy, SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, La Prairie Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster, Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Clinique Sculptwear Lift And Contour Serum for Face And Neck.
I'm linking to the Fabulous And Fun Life Monday Makeup Madness Linky Party!
Don't miss a post!
Like Max The Unicorn on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram @shinyglitterbug
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Follow me on Twitter @ShinyGlitterBug
Subscribe via email (right sidebar)
Disclaimer: Reviews and thoughts are my honest unbiased opinion. Please see the Disclosure page for further information.
Have you tried any of these products?