|May I interest you in a pat, neighbourhood kitty?|
Last month I posted my first ever monthly goal post, June Goals. The idea, for me anyway, is to use the monthly goal list to accomplish larger or more complicated tasks, as opposed to the easier to achieve items on my daily To Do list. I like this idea, because I'm held accountable when I know my plans are immortalised on the blog. I was especially conscious of speed-completing a few June goals in the last few days of the month! Here's how I went...
- Create spreadsheet for beauty staples with dates, stockists and best prices ~ NOPE
Plant bulbs in front garden (or pay someone else to do it)~ YES! Did it ourselves on 27th June with absolutely no gardening experience.
- Get kitchen totally clean including fridge clear-out and cupboards re-organised ~ HAHAHA NO. Cleaned one bench-top, though.
- Sort through entire makeup collection and toss, store or give away items accordingly ~ NO, but I've started
- Exercise at least 30 minutes every weekday (doesn't include school drop-off and pick-up walks!) ~ NO :(
- Dine at a restaurant I've never been to before! ~ NO
Read a book. Do not give up on your GoodReads Book Challenge!~ YES! Read Puberty Blues and hated every word of it. Book an appointment to get the flu injection~ YES (jabbed on June 30, lol). Find your goddamn purple jumper. You can do it!~ YES (in true last minute style on June 30). Watch five movies (cinema, DVD or Netflix)~ YES! I saw Kingsman: The Secret Service, Madagascar, The Great Gatsby, Cats & Dogs and Inside Out.
Summary - 5/10 with two goals in progress.
And now for my July Goals!
- Create spreadsheet for beauty staples with dates, stockists and best prices
- Dine at a restaurant I've never been to before!
- Clear/clean a second kitchen bench-top (whole kitchen goal was too ambitious)
- Set up a Letterboxd account and make some movie lists!
- Publish 10 blog posts in July!
- Make a new (never cooked before) dish every Wednesday, from a recipe.
- Read one book (something better than Puberty Blues)
- Find and pat a cat!
- Exercise for 30 minutes every Tuesday and Thursday
- Shopping Spree! Buy new jeans and long-sleeved tops
What are your goals for July?